The Super Bowl is just a few days away and it is estimated that 7.5 million parties will be taking place to watch the big game on Sunday! But, before you get too crazy with all the junk food, here are some interesting things to consider before you start snacking…
- Super Bowl Sunday is the second largest day of food consumption behind Thanksgiving.
- 1,200 calories: Amount the average Super Bowl watcher will consume while snacking.
- Super Bowl Sunday is the biggest winter grilling day of the year.
- An astounding 14,500 tons of chips and 4,000 tons of popcorn are eaten on Super Bowl Sunday.
- 293,000: Number of miles of potato chips, laid end to end, consumed during the game.
- The most popular take-out and delivery items on Super Bowl Sunday are pizza, chicken wings, and sandwiches.
- It is estimated that Americans will eat 1.25 billion chicken wings over Super Bowl Weekend.
- Football fans are expected to eat an estimated 69.6 million pounds of avocados during this year’s Super Bowl (mostly in guacamole).
- 11.8: Depth, in feet, of guacamole consumed if it were spread across the football field.
- Budweiser has been the exclusive Super Bowl beer advertiser for the past 18 years, and will continue to be until at least 2014.
- 325.5 million: Gallons of beer drank by Americans that day.
- 493: Number of Olympic-sized swimming pools that could be filled with all that beer.
- Approximately 54% of Americans will consume coffee the morning following Super Bowl Sunday.
- According to 7-Eleven stores, there is a 20% increase in the sale of antacids on the day after Super Bowl.
- Maybe it’s all the food and drinking, but an estimated 7 million U.S. employees will be no-shows for work the day after the Super Bowl.
- Remember to be careful please! More drivers are involved in alcohol-related accidents on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day of the year (except St. Patrick’s Day), according to the Insurance Information Institute.
For cute Super Bowl Party food ideas, check out Cortney’s Pinboard Super Bowl Decorations/Ideas